"People of Earth.... How are you?"
Welcome to Lady Fleabag, the musings and rants of world citizen Marni Hills. Here you can come to find daily musings, travel stories, dog and pet pictures and products, handmade gifts, crafts, jewelry and accessories, photography, creative writing, trend spotting, and much much more.

Please check back often, or better yet, sign up for email updates so you wont miss a thing!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Triumphed over my first bucking


Remember the rock star Rocky and how I dreamed to ride him but he's a bit "green". First day, would not do what i asked. Second Day-- did half of what i asked.  Third day was like a dream, even taught him some new things like "back up"  and  "step to the side" (for drill)  but oh.....don't get lulled into complacency..



we were almost done for the evening and Jack went by with the hay truck and Rocky got upset that he passed him by snorted and danced around a bit and bucked ALL the way up.  Jamie was behind me she said it wasn't just some small impatient buck--his feet were high above his withers-- like this!



I grabbed his mane with all my might and squeezed my legs (I've been doing lots of pliets






to keep the inner thighs really strong) and I held on!

Everyone came running "oh my god, marni are you alright"?  jesus that was a big one!!  Oh I thought you were a goner for sure, that was massive!  Jamie punished him immediately taking him round and round galloping til he was sweating so he learns not to to that.

She doesn't often give me any compliments about my riding but she says Gimme a high five for staying on that one, wow!

Except for breaking some of my acrylic nails in the middle of my nail bed and bleeding, thats a small price to pay instead of head first into a metal gate!!  The thing was, since I didn't see how high he went, i assumed it was just an impatient buck, it didn't even feel that wild to me.

So he was saving it all up for the end being very good throughout and then WHAMMO!!!!!  But it didn't make me nervous or scared to ride him, which i thought would have happened, we cooled down with a few rounds around the arena and all was  fine.  Whew!!!  Maybe that was his one last big test -- he was testing me the other times to see what he could get away with  If he couldnt get me off with that buck, maybe I passed his tests....


Post bucking


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!