"People of Earth.... How are you?"
Welcome to Lady Fleabag, the musings and rants of world citizen Marni Hills. Here you can come to find daily musings, travel stories, dog and pet pictures and products, handmade gifts, crafts, jewelry and accessories, photography, creative writing, trend spotting, and much much more.

Please check back often, or better yet, sign up for email updates so you wont miss a thing!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bareback at Greyback + First 'fall' off horse

I just happened to mention to my ONE friend Jamie at the ranch that I wished I could ride bareback like an Indian it must be so joyful....this was after a couple beers for us both--she says "come on. right now. we'll put you bareback on Bull."  They do put a "pad" on because its pretty uncomfortable to sit right on their spine (for them and the person) but there are no stirrups, nothing holding you on.  I said you gotta get this on video.  I told Jamie I really wanted to gallup (but "Canter"-- is really all you can do-- "run"  (not balls out cause there's not enough room to stop in this small arena)--have to keep the terms official) and she grimaced "just be prepared to fall off then, because I've never seen anyone here be able to do it.  Well, except me!" 

Jamie said if this was not on film no one at the ranch would believe that I cantered bareback-- especially being such a novice compared to them. No other woman (except Jamie) at this ranch has ever done it.  (Well listen I have to reveal that there's not a whole lot of athletic ability among these women to begin with but there are a few long time thin leathery veterans that should be able to, y'know?...) I slid off at the end but really I was just holding his mane as I started to tip off sideways and my feet slid down to the ground and I ended up standing next to his head.  I called it a "dismount" not a fall.  Ha ha.  It was FANTASTIC!!!  but I wished she would have stopped laughing and caught my "dismount" at the end.  Darn it!!!  She's fired as my videographer.  Don't you love how she's laughing not saying "oh my god are you okay?"  that's a new point I've reached in experience I think....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!