"People of Earth.... How are you?"
Welcome to Lady Fleabag, the musings and rants of world citizen Marni Hills. Here you can come to find daily musings, travel stories, dog and pet pictures and products, handmade gifts, crafts, jewelry and accessories, photography, creative writing, trend spotting, and much much more.

Please check back often, or better yet, sign up for email updates so you wont miss a thing!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Black Racer Florida Snake


I cant live here any longer than my 6 month lease.  I have to find a modern condo or apartment NOT on the ground level in some kind of paved modernized grounds.  Today I was sweeping and vaccuming and shaking  out some rugs and
1) found one lizard behind my tv. Killed it after about 10 minutes of trying to catch it.
2) after letting a rug sit out in the sun to air out, I lifted it up and a big "black racer" snake slithered out from under it.

I CANNOT TAKE IT.  THIS IS WHY THE ONLY WAY I CAN SLEEP IS IN MY IMPENETRABLE BUG TENT.


Now, I read that the lizards eat the roaches and ants.  I can deal with roaches and ants myself.  I cant deal with these anole lizards that move as fast as cockroaches. I then read that the black racer feeds on lizards, and the place he slithered into is where all the lizards live in the back yard. ok, maybe it will work out--but its pictures like this that keep me terrified and inside my tent:


Ok I'm going to have to go into my tent and watch some dvd's on my laptop to recover from this morning's episodes.

Tata for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!